Want to know how to jailbreak ipod 4g? It is already iPod consumers’ knowledge that jailbreaks bring plenty of advantages and delight to users in varying ways. However, every time a new product is released by Apple in the market, new updates on jailbreaks are made just like the jailbreak iPod 4G. A standard iPod Touch 4G contains the latest and great features like 3.5 inch multi-touch display at 960 by 640 pixel resolution, a 1GHz A4 chip with 512 MB RAM, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR, 3 axis Gyro, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, a camera of 720p HD at 30fps with audio, VGA front camera and an additional portable gaming better than PSP and Nintendo DS. On these apps inside iPod 4g, consumers would really use jailbreak iPod 4G to acquire and install similar features into its old iPod devices.
Selections of Jailbreak iPod 4G
In jailbreaking, a user cannot just simply pick any form of tool to jailbreak iPod 4G. The first thing to consider is the firmware version to update on so as to properly select the appropriate jailbreak. Another is the platform where the jailbreaking measures are done since there are softwares that run only in Windows, Mac OS or Linux. From such, the jailbreak must be reviewed in detail so as not to disrupt the system of the iPod 4G.
The following are jailbreaks applicable for iPod 4G models:
• Greenpois0n – Chronic Dev Team comes up with this tool which is available for both Mac OS and Windows platform and perfect for jailbreak iPod 4G.
• Limera1n – GeoHot’s tool for jailbreak fitting for Mac OS and Windows operating system. Such became untethered due to the exploit borrowed from Comex fused to bootrom exploit of GeoHot.
• JailbreakMe – contains various versions of jailbreak namely JailbreakMe1 as Spirit, 2 for Star and the 3rd is Saffron. Saffron jailbreak has the ability to jailbreak iPod 4G.
• Redsn0w – a software originally called as QuickPwn crafted by iPhone Dev Team. The redsn0w version 0.9.6rc16 is best for jailbreaking iPod 4G models.
Hooking Up on Jailbreak iPod 4G
An iPod 4G device is one of the latest Apple products that contain desirable applications that any users find delight. From such, old model iPod owners start to explore ways on how to install same applications on their device. Also, an iPod 4G can also apply jailbreaks into the unit thereby producing more variations of applications and features. Therefore, to join the fuss on jailbreaking procedures, the following steps will direct an iPod 4G user into a jailbreak condition:
Step 1: Create a specific folder on the desktop.
Step 2: Download iTunes and the firmware and saved them into the folder created.
Step 3: Connect the iPod unit with a computer via USB route.
Step 4: In a new window opened, select the Browse menu. This will start the device to navigate its firmware into the folder made.
Step 5: When the firmware is spotted and verified, press the Next button immediately.
Step 6: Continue pressing on Next button on each window until Install Cydia comes.
Step 7: Check Cydia with the mouse as well with other features wanted namely wallpapers, verbose boot and etc.
Step 8: The unit will then be ordered to be in DFU setting by the following process:
- Press the Power button in 3 seconds duration
- Press the Power button again including Home Menu but now lasting more than 10 seconds
- Release the Power button while keeping the Home Menu
Step 9: The iPod unit tells when its jailbreak by doing an automatic restart.
The Insatiable Jailbreak iPod 4G
Do you want your iPod to be always seeking for more? Then have a jailbreak installed in it for continuous upgrade and updates.
Why don’t you follow the iPod trending? Visit: Jailbreak iPod 4G Tool
The jailbreak does not only update and upgrade but installs other features that an ordinary device cannot make.
Do you want a new and better performing iPod? Visit: How To Jailbreak iPod 4G